Skill usage Править
- Be careful what skills you learn as Tiger Stance and Phoenix Stance as their main source of damage. Tiger Stance is often best suited for single target burst damage while Phoenix Stance is useful for AoE damage and clearing minion waves. Depending on the skill build, sometimes it is wiser to have two skills at level 4 than to have one skill at level 3. cannot max out all of his skills. Each skill is capped at level 5, but the max level is 18, therefore one of skills has a lower level than its full potential. This may cause players to decide between
- Constantly activating attack speed from activating Tiger Stance persists if you switch stances, so you can switch to Phoenix Stance and get the extra burst from the third Phoenix Stance hit sooner. Similarly, the AoE from Phoenix Stance the shield from Turtle Stance and the increased movement speed from Bear Stance all persist in other stances.
stances is important to increasing his damage. The
- Rotating between stances gives movement and attack speed boost from his passive Monkey's Agility. But be mindful of his mana as his abilities have high mana costs at early ranks.
- minion waves. Turtle Stance provides a shield to reduce damage from minions and heal from his damage output ensures the minions don't deplete his health. The attack speed from Monkey's Agility and Tiger Stance with the area of effect magic damage from Phoenix Stance can take out huge minion waves. This can be further improved with or . can easily tank and clear
- When pushing a turret, alternating between Tiger Stance and Phoenix Stance is very effective. Be careful though as the AoE magic damage from Phoenix Stance can deal damage to enemy champions and aggro towers.
- Late game Tiger Stance (provides attack damage), and Turtle Stance (provides a shield which helps mitigate some of the damage). If the enemy team comes to interfere, you can quickly escape using the movement speed boost from Bear Stance. can solo a tower easily by alternating between
- Use Bear Stance to stun an enemy champion before switching stances or targets. Bear Stance cannot stun a unit recently stunned for 6 seconds, so it is a good idea to target another champion or to use Tiger Stance or Phoenix Stance to deal higher burst damage during the stun.
- Try to time the stun and movement speed buff from Bear Stance so you can stun the enemy and then activate Bear Stance's movement speed buff to create distance to escape. If that's not enough, there's always .
- kiting so avoid ranged harass and CC. You should wait for your allies to initiate and set up for you, or coordinate with them to encircle targets. is only melee with no ranged abilities. Therefore, he is vulnerable to
- mana costs can make ganking problematic sometimes. Having a strategy for getting into, and staying within, melee range is essential.
lack of gap-closers and high
- A Flash + Bear Stance combo is very effective during ganking as primary problem with ganking is reaching the enemy. Ask the person in the lane you'll gank if the enemy champion has used Flash or a similar ability recently to make sure you don't waste yours or you risk your target escaping.
- Because of Tiger Stance, a good strategy to get early kills with in your team (using her passive), movement speed Quintessences and , you can either force a Summoner spell or kill your lane opponent, by chasing them through the lane. high early damage with
Build usage Править
Being a pure melee champion with no ranged abilities,needs to stay in motion to be any use.
- Since he has no gap closer, are a must-have if enemy team has lot of slows. is prone to kiting.
- Unless he gets some tenacity, is very susceptible to crowd control. On a jungling Udyr, is perfect, as it also makes him tankier. If laning and are not needed either, are good option, too.
- As for pure health, is enough, as many of the armor and magic resistance items give health as well. doesn't scale with health and his Turtle Stance's effectively relies on armor and magic resist rather than health.
- For armor, , or are great choices.
- By building both and , you greatly decrease enemy attack speed.
- is an offensive alternative to , but shouldn't be built if you already have Trinity Force.
- For magic resist, Spectre's Cowl is a very good early option with useful stats for . If you need more, it can be upgraded to and to further increase your endurance.
- Spellblade passive as his cooldowns are very low. An early with later upgrade to or is advisable. benefits greatly from
- Phoenix Stance benefits from extra attack speed, the third hit procs more often.
- offers cost-effective, offensive hybrid stats and is one of the few items containing ability power that work well with him. It boosts Tiger Stance's damage, Turtle Stance's shield and Phoenix Stance's overall damage potential in one package.
- Tiger Stance offers great attack speed and scales very strong with attack damage.
- or can give you huge attack damage combined with extra life steal. is also a good alternative due to the extra attack speed and the effects of this item, but it offers lower AD than the other options.
- Since Turtle Stance can help survive even at low health, is a great option for the Tiger Stance bruiser path, provided there are strong magic or true damage dealers.
- If Crest of the Ancient Golem in the early to mid-game, you don't need to build any mana regen items at all. can access
- If you are troubled with your mana pool early, consider buying either a or , depending on your offensive or defensive needs.
- A can also be built if you are not going at jungle, as Udyr can easily stack it. When upgraded to at late game, the active allows Udyr to do extreme amounts of damage with each auto-attack.
Recommended builds Править
jungler - Turtle Stance allows him to gain his health back. Putting a skill point in it at level two after taking Phoenix Stance or Tiger Stance at level one ensures effective jungling. He can also solo very early in the game.is a natural
- Tiger Stance or his Phoenix Stance or even both. Phoenix Stance currently clears the jungle more quickly than Tiger Stance due to the area of effect damage but Tiger Stance has higher burst for more quick single target damage which may be more useful than Phoenix Stance for ganks or dueling the enemy jungler and Tiger Stance scales favorably into the later aspects of the game with attack damage. Deciding on which stance to choose depends on build and the player's personal preference. has choices for jungling depending on whether which stance he relies to do damage, either his
- Be aware that mana dependent in the earlier aspects of the game because spamming his abilities with their high mana cost will easily drain his mana pool so be careful with how many times you activate his stances to clear a camp. He might need some mana regen like Crest of the Ancient Golem or at least s for a second jungle clear. is very
- Phoenix Stance for more area of effect damage and a faster clear time. Phoenix Stance offers more starting item options than Tiger Stance. can jungle with
- Tiger Stance for better single target damage. can also jungle with
Runes and Masteries Править
- is a pure melee champion with no gap closers, and is thus very vulnerable to being kited.
- Ranged champions have a better chance against due to his all melee skills.
- Picking up Tenacity items such as can reduce the stun duration from Bear Stance, and make him a less effective ganker.
- When laning against mana pool, forcing him to regain his lost mana by either going back to the fountain or use potions. , it can be beneficial to bait him into switching stances to try and initiate, after which you quickly run away. This can easily drain his early game
- This can prompt the enemy to focus on leveling up Turtle Stance, lowering mid game damage and giving you the advantage in skirmishes.
- Turtle Stance and Bear Stance is one of the harder champions in the game to chase down - and the stun of Bear Stance can easily make you regret chasing him if back-up arrives to aid him. Think very carefully about attempting to commit and kill him, and be very aware of the whereabouts of his teammates. alternating
- Bear Stance because 's stun lasts longer. is vulnerable if he is not attacking or is unable to attack, can easily counter on his
- Champions who can slow for an extended period of time (Some examples being , , and ) or can run faster than (champions like and ) will be able to gun down better and run away if necessary. Also is a good counter pick for because has no major gap closers(Just make sure to buy movement speed items).