Skill usage Править
- King's Tribute allows
- REDIRECT Template:Character icon to jungle effectively as well as keep a sustained presence in lane.
- King's Tribute has a range of 1000 and allows to heal from enemy minion waves as they die even if you can't last-hit them.
- The heal from King's Tribute also helps in a team fight. As enemies around die, he is healed. Although the heal per enemy is not that much, it does stack up nicely.
- Bear in mind that King's Tribute will also trigger on and the , each providing him with a significant boost of health; 's death can possibly heal from under half HP to nearly full late game.
- Chomp resets the attack timer. Land a basic attack, Chomp, and then land another basic attack for a potent harass in a lane matchup. Remember that it also has a slight range and can be used to lunge towards an enemy if they are outside of his autoattack range.
- Chomp is good for lowering the physical damage of enemies; try to focus it on enemy physical damage dealers. When facing multiple melee enemies you may want to bite each one every 8 seconds to keep the AD debuff active.
- Frozen Domain. Try to draw enemies onto it.
excels at fighting within his
- If you are having trouble escaping or chasing champions, Frozen Domain gives you bonus movement speed so you can drop it out in front to help chase fleeing enemies or speed your escape.
- Since Frozen Domain has a wide radius and fairly short cooldown, you can use the movement speed it grants to move quickly from pack to pack in the jungle by dropping it in the proper location.
- Spamming Frozen Domain will allow you to reach your destination much faster but know that has a very limited mana pool and spamming will surely deplete it.
- Frozen Domain should always be used when attacking a tower for the attack speed increase. Place it so that most of the affected area is behind you so that you can quickly run away from an approaching champion.
- Frozen Domain also increases incoming healing by 20% at max rank. Use it before Subjugate to increase the healing it does for you.
- Pillar of Ice is his signature strength and has many various uses.
- Pillar of Ice may not be big enough to block off a lane or a passage in the jungle, but if used effectively, a can make other champions have to walk around it in order to get to you, giving time to escape or to chase.
- A good tactic to keep people on Frozen Domain is to plant a Pillar of Ice on the escaping champion which will then push them backwards if placed correctly, allowing to get in range to attack.
- Pillar of Ice can move any player if placed close to him. It can now cancel any channeling spell that requires to stand still like Nether Grasp, Infinite Duress, Death Lotus or even Recall.
- Pillar of Ice has a large sight radius and is very effective to check the brush and slow any potential sneaky gankers.
- Pillar of Ice can be used defensively or offensively near towers. Defensively, underneath your own tower, place the pillar slightly away from your tower when it is being attacked. The enemy will have to brave the slow, a Chomp, and possible tower shot (if they retaliate), just to hit your tower. Offensively, underneath an enemy tower, place the pillar next to their tower when attacking it and they will have trouble chasing you away without being slowed. Be careful when using this under an enemy tower, because it draws turret aggro when an enemy champion touches it.
- Dropping Pillar of Ice to separate the enemy team offers some of the best counter initiation as well as initiation in the game. If you find an enemy out of position, a well-placed Pillar of Ice can block off his or her escape, if somehow that enemy doesn't have Flash, as well as keeping enemy reinforcements from entering the battle. Understanding when to use Pillar of Ice for either purpose is important, as once it's gone, it's gone forever. Pillar of Ice can also save a teammate from focus by preventing enemies from crossing the terrain or once an enemy has initiated on a teammate, Pillar of Ice can block reinforcements from entering battle for a while, giving your team a little 5 on 1 quiet time with the initiator alone. Combining this tactic with Subjugate can quickly dispatch an enemy, making the team fight effectively a 5 v 4.
- Creating new impassable terrain over a champion (whether it is a friendly of enemy player) forcibly knocks him out of any dash animation. This means that, if timed correctly, it can block enemy champions trying to escape (like Tristana's Rocket Jump, Jax's Leap Strike, Vi's Vault Breaker, etc.) or enemy initiations, even unstoppable ultimates (like Malphite's Unstoppable force, Vi's Assault and Battery of Nocturne's Paranoia). It can even save allies, by blocking their path, as they are displaced by enemy abilities (Like Gragas' Explosive Cask or Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab). Anivia's Crystallize and Jarvan IV's Cataclysm can provide the same effect, albeit much harder, due to the terrain's smaller area of displacement, or manner in which it is applied.
- Because enemies usually haven't built much armor or magic resistance early in the game, Subjugate does not offer him much survivability. Its main use early is for the magic damage, the additional health, and for lowering the enemy's resistances to make hurt a little more (and 's teammates if they attack the correct enemy).
- Use Subjugate to soften a powerful enemy tank for your own survivability or to create a target for your team to focus fire. Sometimes, it may be better to Subjugate a squishy target as once they die, will be healed by King's Tribute.
- When an early team fight breaks out, use Subjugate on the squishiest targets, like whomever is doing more damage between the ranged attack damage carry or ability power carry.
- Subjugate enables him to effectively become a tanky DPS even without building many tank items. This combined with inherent CC reduction makes for a DPS champion that is difficult to disable.
Build usage Править
Chomp and Frozen Domain allow him to be a damage threat throughout the early and mid game. However, due to his short range with no gap closers and complete reliance on basic attacks to do damage, becomes very item dependent to be able to survive on the front lines and not get kited if he wants to do damage. When itemizing in general, value attack damage, attack speed, lifesteal, cooldown reduction, health, and resistances. Tenacity and/or some movement speed items are also very helpful.'s high base damage and potent dueling due to his
- When jungling, getting a gives the mid-game damage that he needs to stay relevant in terms of damage. This is especially good if you won the early game and aren't worried about any major sources of damage on the enemy team.
- is a core item for Trundle and should be built on him in almost every game. The lifesteal, health shred passive, attack speed, small chunk of AD and especially the active to prevent kiting makes this item almost too good to pass up.
- Prioritize using the active on ranged champions, especially the ADCs. Throughout most of the mid game, can duel most ADCs in a 1v1 provided he doesn't get kited back and they aren't far ahead. Using the active helps him get close so he can lay down his damage.
- is good for as it gives a lot of stats for cheap. The cooldown reduction is good because relies on his abilities to amplify his damage in the mid game. Attack damage, critical strike, and armor penetration make his basic attacks hurt, especially when combined with Subjugate. The active will increase his attack speed and the movement speed helps him not get kited.
- is a very valuable buy for as it enables him to not only do tons of damage but synergizes with everything that makes good.
- A gives him a movement speed buff in addition to his Frozen Domain.
- The gives him a movement speed steroid that synergizes with his Frozen Domain.
- Chomp works especially well with and as it will both activate and consume the proc to deal increased damage. This can allow to last hit minions more effectively and take down targets easily.
- is also worth looking at because the spellblade slow allows him to keep people close to him. The armor, CDR, and mana don't hurt either, and the AP gives Subjugate more damage.
- is another great, but somewhat situational, item on . The passive effect gives him the area damage he lacks so he can clear waves. The high AD it gives also allows him to take towers with ease and duel people with the active and high lifesteal that it provides.
- The one downside to this item is that it doesn't help and are quite good in this regard. It does however allow him to survive better with the lifesteal and do tons of damage with the high AD and active that it provides if he does get into range of someone. with getting kited, whereas the
- is a great cooldown reduction item that helps armor scaling problem when you are fighting an enemy team generally AD.
- Consider purchasing a as a tanky DPS. Although it's mainly an item for cooldown reduction on , the other stats are also useful, health for survivability and a helpful life steal and attack damage aura.
- works very well in conjunction with Frozen Domain, because they increase your self-healing of King's Tribute and Subjugate additionally giving cooldown reduction, health and magic resist when you are fighting an enemy team that's mostly AP. This is still a good option regardless of the enemy team just because of the increased healing alone.
- When playing Trundle as a support, Talisman of Ascension doesn't offer a lot of stats that desires. However, it is still a good choice because an early Ancient coin can help with early mana issues while the health regeneration stacks with his King's Tribute's healing for great sustain.
- When jungling, a makes him fairly tanky immediately and allows him to scale with HP items. The ward it comes with is nice too. This is good when either you have a lot of damage already and need a tank, or if you've fallen behind and want to bulk up for fights.
- Purchasing an early provides some durability and resistances and helps the team. It can be later upgraded into a Locket of the Iron Solari.
- A is a good option if you want both health and some extra damage. It's useful for as it keeps the enemy on the AoE of Frozen Domain.
- can serve as 's primary armor item. The movement speed slow keeps anyone that chooses to fight on his Frozen Domain area of effect and helps him avoid being kited, the attack speed slow and Chomp helps them do less damage, and the active, especially when paired with Subjugate for a longer duration, can be devastating for enemies in a team fight.
- provides a lot of health, health regen, and magic resist. The shield is also very valuable for blocking CC spells that would otherwise stop you in your tracks.
- A is a great buy on . It gives him both good health and armor for the price and the magic damage passive allows him to push waves quickly and win trades with other champions. Not to mention he can make the burn more effective when using Subjugate on someone to shred their magic resist.
- While somewhat situational, a is definitely worth looking at for . It gives him tons of armor and the damage reflect helps him in his anti-AD role. Like the , he can even increase the damage the return does with Subjugate to boost its effectiveness.
- While is a good beginner's jungler due to his high sustain, early damage and lack of reliance of runes/masteries, several junglers generally outclass him and many would rate him as a better top laner. That's not to say is a poor jungler; his counterganks, skirmishing, good tower pushing and counterjungling all make him a viable pick.
- Starting items: , x4, and a warding totem.
- Skill progression: Chomp → Pillar of Ice → Frozen Domain or Pillar of Ice→ Chomp → Frozen Domain (If support jungle build)
- Recommended Runes: Armor Penetration Marks, Armor Seals, Personal Preference Glyphs, Attack Damage Quintessences
- Jungling order: Blue Golem (Smite) → Wolves →Wraiths → Red Lizard (Smite) → Golems → Gank*
- King's Tribute and his ability to invade the enemy jungle as he can duel most AD champions favorably with his Chomp and he easily escape with Frozen Domain and Pillar of Ice. 's strengths in the jungle are his sustain with
- mana dependent since most of his clear damage comes from basic attacks, so he can easily give up his blue buff for his mid laner after his first clear. Constantly spamming Chomp will quickly deplete your mana however if you don't have blue, so only use it after its attack damage buff wears off. is not
- Flash) but he needs all of his abilities ( Frozen Domain and Pillar of Ice are critical so level 3 at the earliest) in order to gank effectively so he is pretty much stuck in his jungle route, no shortcuts should be taken. can gank at level 2 (really just showing his face to make them waste
- When clearing the jungle, place your Frozen Domain in a way that nobody in the lanes will see it. Place it behind you so you can also run to the next camp after clearing one. An example around this is the wraith camps; centering it on you may have the field bleed into mid lane, alerting the enemy that you're there.
- and a few s. Care must be taken, as Frozen Domain is favorable to help kill but may also alert enemies to your presence. Some mana regeneration like s or Crest of the Ancient Golem and damage over time from Blessing of the Lizard Elder Blessing of the Lizard Elder is also advisable. is able to solo as early as level 6 with a
Recommended builds Править
Runes and Masteries Править
- masteries (9/21/0) or offensive masteries (21/9/0), depending on player's personal preference. can use either defensive
- General Runes: Attack Damage/Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences, Armor Seals, Magic Resist Glyphs
- Jungling Runes: 6 Armor Penetration Marks (9.96 Armor Penetration), 3 Attack Damage Marks (2.85 Attack Damage), 9 Armor Seals (12.69 Armor), 9 Choice Glyphs, 3 Attack Damage Quintessences (6.75 Attack Damage)
- Avoid battling King's Tribute. This can sometimes turn a battle to his favor. Be aware that he has exceptional health regeneration along with his King's Tribute to easily sustain himself and recover from most harass in a laning situation. near minions. If a minion is killed, will regain health due to his
- Frozen Domain AoE. Moving away from the spell's AoE can help you 1v1 him. excels at fighting inside his
- Pillar of Ice can block your way of escape and slow your movement speed. Therefore, it is best to avoid the spell's AoE or use Flash to quickly go over it.
- Top laners with ranged capacity (such as or ) will have good effect against Trundle if he attempts to push or attack.
- Avoid a head-on fight with Chomp can reduce your own ability to retaliate. Try to focus on ranged harass and wearing him down as has fewer options to retaliate than he would against melee attackers. early-game in most cases. His early-game damage is high, and his
- If Subjugate on you, it is best to avoid him and wait until the debuff is over because Subjugate can melt even the toughest tank, or allow to dive into your team and survive strictly attacking your squishy damage-dealers with the rest of his team helping him even with your best attempts to focus him down. As it is a large part of durability which is necessary for him functioning in teamfights, using escapes to avoid letting him take advantage of Subjugate's bonuses can leave him much more vulnerable while it is cooling down. uses his
- Trundle is always at least a decent duelist. Treat him the same way you would a , , a fed , etc. It is heavily recommend to avoid 1v1s with him at any time past level 3. During mid and late game, it is usually recommended to bring overwhelming damage (think having 2 more people on your side for any fights, so 3v1, 4v2, 5v3) or ridiculous amounts of CC (think AND ).