Skill usage Править
- Full AD Runes, Attack Masteries and charging 4 Ferocity to use Savagery and then Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery on was notorious for having gained First Blood before rework.
- Unseen Predator allows you to gank unexpectedly. Use Thrill of the Hunt in order to not be seen across the map as you move towards your gank or save it for chasing if you think the target can escape with Flash and/or stealth or dash ability.
- Be careful with this as opponents will know if they are revealed.
- Unseen Predator allows to lunge to his enemies while stealthed, using his ultimate. Use this to your advantage and use Thrill of the Hunt combined with Savagery for an exceptionally well executed combo in rapid succession, then slow the enemy using your Bola Strike.
- Unseen Predator. Place a ward next to a jungle camp and get inside a brush over the wall, then simply attack the monsters. However, make sure they're inside your circle. Also, when your reaches 9 Trophies, use the extra range on your passive to make this wall-hopping easier. can hop over walls using
- Maxing Savagery first gives you a little bit of single targeted damage and burst.
- Before rework some might have argued that Savagery was a one-point wonder skill, as its scaling was based on total attack damage and thus remained powerful even at Rank 1, having given good AS bonus.
- jungler as his Empowered Battle Roar Empowered Battle Roar heals him for a flat amount of his health. This allows him for excellent survivability both in lanes and jungles.
is a great
- When jungling alternate between Empowered Battle Roar Empowered Battle Roar and Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery.
- The sustain of Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery with a is better thanEmpowered Battle Roar Empowered Battle Roar if you can do full damage with the stacked attack speed. Use this to your advantage to get faster clear times, and get life back.
- Maxing Battle Roar first gives you a good burst of AoE damage, a high defense boost for a few seconds and allows for generating ferocity faster with cooldown going down. Consider it over maxing Savagery, when jungling or playing defensively.
- Use Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike in order to stop enemies from running away.
- Thrill of the Hunt is a decent tool for escaping ganks and other nasty situations. However consider that the stealth can be delayed to up to 3 seconds when attacked and enemies will know when you are within 1000 range of them.
- can use his ultimate in order to see invisible champions, such as , , , or another .
- When you cast Thrill of the Hunt does not immediately turn invisible but after about a 1 second delay. So keep this in mind while you are in battle.
- Thrill of the Hunt allows him to scout as it reveals enemy champions in a huge radius. This can allow his team to catch enemy champions hiding in bushes, or to prevent an ambush by the enemy hiding in bushes. This can also prevent enemy champions juking you or your allies using the fog of war or bushes.
- When ganking a lane warded with , use Thrill of the Hunt outside of the ward's range.
- Item/skill usage ends Thrill of the Hunt, but with the half second delay can still leap. This is useful to finish off almost dead champions with or and then leap to another target.
- Using Thrill of the Hunt with 5 Ferocity charges can lead to an overwhelming burst of damage, as he can leave stealth with an empowered skill, use his 3 non-empowered skills in quick succession on his target and then already use another empowered skill because of the Ferocity gain after leaving stealth.
- Bola Strike and Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike when he's leaping mid-air with Unseen Predator. Therefore, casting Thrill of the Hunt first, leaping on an enemy champion with Unseen Predator then using Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike mid-air almost guarantees a snare, then following Bola Strike for further slow. It is extremely effective when ganking and is very easy for your teammates to deal more damage for a kill. can cast
is one of the best CC bursters allowing the player to Double Snare:
- With 5 or 4 stacks of Ferocity, engage the enemy with Thrill of the Hunt.
- Use either Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery for burst damage or Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike for superior CC lockdown during or shortly after leaping.
- Then, spam abilities to reach 5 Ferocity stacks again in which time you can Bola Strike to slow them for a ton, or use Savagery for further damage.
- Once 5 Ferocity stacks has been reached again (should be about 2 to 4 seconds to regain 5 stacks) use Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike to Snare them again, or Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery for more damage.
- After level 6 it should be ok to take 1 or 3 turret hits when ganking for a lane to secure a kill.
- This combo is an effective lockdown tactic, which most champions would find escaping difficult (unless you miss the skillshots). This double Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike snare combo is mostly inescapable unless they have two or more flash/dash abilities.
- Make sure your lane partner(s) is there to deal the damage or alternatively you deal the damage while they focus CC abilities.
Build usage Править
is a burst bruiser off-tank, relying on mobility and disabling the enemies and dealing massive amounts of damage in a short burst. Therefore, he is meant to be built with items that help him achieve this.
- can be used to assassinate critical targets in a short burst. When used in conjunction with and , Rengar can burst a squishy target so fast they have no time to react.
- Is an exceptionally good item for Rengar since his skills are limited only by cooldowns, and the item's stats and active effect synergize well with his kit.
- CDR is one of the stronger stats you can get on Rengar, because you are not limited by mana whatsoever and Rengar's empowered abilities are powerful.
- , , and are great items on Rengar, each giving 10% CDR.
- The slow from allow to get in a lot more attacks where the enemy would otherwise escape.
- The bonus damage from a combined with a is always a decent combination; the increased attack speed from Savagery allows him to maintain the slow of . Additionally, now that Atma's is built out of a gp-5 item, the , it's a good combination if you expect to have a hard lane where you might not get much last hits on minions.
- Rengar has higher than average base attack speed (0.675). He also has good AS per level scaling, totaling 48% bonus AS at level 18.
- can be a very powerful item for , since it offers, health for durability, attack damage for damage output, life steal for sustain and 20% of CDR.
- can be a good choice since it grants you MR, health and cooldown reduction as well as empowering Empowered Battle Roar's Empowered Battle Roar's healing and any lifesteal/spellvamp items that you may have.
- When jungling, consider taking the appropriate runes and masteries for survivability.
- The items on roam/jungle can vary depending on the team needs.
- A good item duo with any ganker/roamer in general is with plus a Tenacity item like for mobility and damage, or for durability. Notice that both of these items have 10% cooldown reduction which always wants.
- I choose over because it is better in fights and provides aid against enemy slows. Unless one plans to do less extended engages with hit and run tactics then is fine.
- I choose over because it provides more speed when abilities and autoattacks are used. It is good to throw Bola Strike at any available targets (i.e. monsters, minions, champions) to proc whenever possible, useful for escaping and roaming to other lanes.
- You should stack ferocity whenever you can.
Recommended builds Править
- Since and are very effective against him since the majority of his damage comes from autoattacks enhanced with Savagery. deals mostly physical damage, buying armor is a top priority.
- Avoid fighting brushes as his passive Unseen Predator provides him with great mobility and utility. near and especially inside
- Avoid fighting
1 on 1 as his kit makes him an exceptionally good duelist.
- Battle Roar and Empowered Battle Roar Empowered Battle Roar make him deceptively tanky. That alongside life steal and Savagery allow to quickly regain health and with Thrill of the Hunt and Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery to overpower you even if he was at low health when you started fighting.
- When Thrill of the Hunt, nearby allies will get an on top of their heads, which means he is close and could pounce you.
- Always stick together or close to a tower so he can't leap towards your allies.
- Avoid engaging when he already has 2 or more Ferocity, as when he uses all 3 of his basic abilities he will be able to cast one Empowered spell as well.
- Beware if ganking potential - in addition to his high damage output and burst capabilities, Bola Strike and or prevent his target from escaping while Unseen Predator and Thrill of the Hunt make sure he can chase down his target even if they possess a short term stealth or use Flash. is jungling as he has great
- If Thrill of the Hunt while your team has sight of him a distinctive sound can be heard. Otherwise you will receive no warning of the ability’s use, unless comes within 1000 range of enemy champion.
- This also works if you are in sight of a bush that he uses Thrill of the Hunt in.
- relies heavily on perfect surprise attacks and burst to take down his target, stunning him and getting out of melee range will stop his momentum and ruin his initial attack.
- Placing near your lane can prevent from ganking you using Thrill of the Hunt to bypass a .
- Placing a when uses Thrill of the Hunt to run can prevent his stealthy escape.
- Traps such as Noxious Trap can punish him for entering bushes, hindering his ability to leap at you. Additionally, he is particularly susceptible to Blinds, as almost all of his damage is autoattack reliant.
- He doesn't trade very well, so if you can keep him at a distance and poke him constantly you will greatly increase your chances of success.
- Empowered Battle Roar Empowered Battle Roar) or counter burst you (Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery) or nullify your engage abilities using his strong CC (snare) (Empowered Bola Strike Empowered Bola Strike). damage, burst and sustain relies mostly on his Empowered Abilities. Aim to engage Rengar when he is low on Ferocity stacks so that he cannot heal back any damage (