magic twists the pure power of ice into something dark and terrible. With the force of her black ice, she does more than freeze – she impales and crushes those who oppose her. To the terrified denizens of the north, she is known only as "The Ice Witch". The truth is much more sinister: Lissandra is a corrupter of nature who plots to unleash an ice age on the world.
Centuries ago, Lissandra betrayed her tribe to evil creatures, known as the Frozen Watchers, in return for power. That was the last day that warm blood ran through her veins. With her corrupted tribesmen and the strength of the Watchers, she swept across the land like a terrible blizzard. As her empire spread, the world grew colder and ice choked the land. When the Watchers were defeated by ancient heroes, Lissandra did not lose faith and swore to prepare the world for their return.
Lissandra worked to purge all knowledge of the Watchers from the world. Using magic to take human form, she masqueraded as numerous seers and elders. Over the course of generations, she rewrote the stories of the Freljord, and so the history of its people changed. Today the fragmented retellings of the Watchers are seen as children's tales. But this deception wasn't enough – Lissandra also needed an army.
She set her sights on the noble Frostguard tribe. Lissandra knew corrupting the Frostguard would take centuries, and so she launched her greatest deception. She murdered and stole the identity of the Frostguard leader. Then she slowly began to warp the tribe's proud traditions. When her human form grew old, she faked her own death and then murdered her successor to steal her identity. With each generation, the Frostguard grew more insular, cruel and twisted. Today, the world still sees them as a noble and peaceful tribe that guards against evil creatures like the Ice Witch. In truth, they now serve the witch and long for the glorious return of the Watchers.
Lissandra knows that on that day nations will fall and the world will be reborn in ice.
"Close your eyes and let the cold take you."―
"The Freljord, a frozen, desolate place. War is coming to the Freljord. The Avarosan, the largest and strongest of the tribes. Led by
- REDIRECT Template:Character icon, they seek peaceful unification. The Winter's Claw, the most warlike and brutal of the tribes. Led by , they think peace is another word for weakness. Sejuani has sworn to purge this weakness. Through war, the Freljord will be purified. Far in the north, the peaceful Frostguard protect Freljord's ancient secrets - or so the world believes. In truth, the Frostguard protect me, Lissandra. While others bicker, we prepare. When the time is right, we will strike. They cannot withstand us, they are only human. And when the war is over, the world, our world, will be reborn - in ice."―
"The Freljord, a home to some, a grave to countless more. Lesser clans have scrambled for the right to rule this frozen land for millennia - all have failed. Now, finally three great leaders have emerged to rally the smaller tribes beneath their banners. The storms of war will cloud the sky when their paths cross, but once this battle is over, the people will find just one tribe left, to rule the land."―
"We are the chosen, destined to receive the gifts of the Watchers. Our faith is tested by bitter cold and endless winter. A crucible that separates the worthy from the unworthy, purging doubt, and leaving purity behind. The others fight like neglected children, petty squabbles that will amount to nothing in the end. We have purpose, to prepare this land for new masters. The Watchers return. Our ascendance is at hand."―
"We have waited so long for this day, we have been so patient. Now, my children, my Frostguard, it is our time.
"I have seen the future, and it is cold. The Watchers return and they are so pleased with you. They will take away your hunger. They will take away your pain. You will be reborn; like me, you will become Iceborn.""We will take back what is ours. The other tribes won't be able to stop us. They are but snowflakes. And we are an avalanche."―
Winning on the Howling Abyss Править
- Waiting for 30 seconds after winning in the Howling Abyss (with any champion)
"The Howling Abyss. A bottomless crevasse surrounded by an ancient fortress carved into a glacier. No one remembers who built this place. No one knows its purpose. No one, but me.
Long before Shurima, it was the time of The Three Sisters. We were so young back then; Avarosa, Serylda, and me, Lissandra.and , before magic shattered the broken peaks, before the desert swallowed
Back then the Frozen Watchers lived here. I do not know where they came from, but I know they were powerful. They gave us gifts, shared their magic, made us immortal. They named us, "Iceborn". In return, we gave them whatever they desired. This mighty fortress, a vast empire, our loyalty, these were a small price to pay. Avarosa did not see it that way. Like a spoiled child she cried out for freedom. She demanded choice. She sowed the seeds of rebellion and betrayal.This place is where it happened. On one side, the Frozen Watchers, on the other, Avarosa and her Iceborn horde. Many Iceborn died that day, but in the end, the Watchers fell. Avarosa drove them howling into the abyss. I never forgave her. . . I had my revenge — but that is another story."―
- Upon selection
- "Я похороню мир под толщей льда."
- "I am Iceborn."
- "Flesh freezes so easily."
- "Foolish child."
- "Succumb! It's inevitable."
- "The cold will numb your pain."
- "Your time has passed."
- "You can't stop an avalanche."
- "Embrace the cold."
- "Feel the power of true ice!"
- "Your death serves greater purpose."
- "Another frozen corpse."
- "All will kneel... in time."
- "I see things clearly."
- "I will restore Freljord's greatness."
- "Plans within plans."
- "There will be no thaw."
- "Battles come and go. I am eternal."
- "The Watchers will return."
- "This world has forgotten true power."
- "So many secrets buried in ice."
- "No one will remember them."
- "They cannot fight the cold."
- "This is but a battle. I've already won the war."
- "I never rest."
- "I've been killing your kind for centuries!"
- "Surrender. My triumph is inevitable."
- "The world began in ice and it will end in ice."
- "Close your eyes and let the cold take you."
- "I've killed so many queens I've lost count!"
- "Kneel before me and I will unleash your power!"
- "You really picked the wrong side."
- "I make cold look... hot."
- "I consider frigid a compliment."
- "Is it cold in here, or is it just me?"
- Lissandra laughs.
- Lissandra laughs.
- Lissandra laughs.
- Upon using Frozen Tomb
- Battle for Freljord event start
- "At last, our ascension is at hand!"
- Winning the Battle for Freljord
- "The Iceborn rule Freljord!"
Lissandra, the Ice Witch, Revealed Править
Posted by RiotWenceslaus :
- Iceborn (Passive): After a brief cooldown, Lissandra's next ability costs no mana. Hitting an enemy with movement impairing abilities reduces Iceborn's cooldown.
- Ice Shard: Lissandra throws a spear of ice that shatters on contact with the first enemy struck, dealing damage and slowing their movement speed for a short duration. Enemies behind the struck target also take damage.
- Ring of Frost: Lissandra freezes the area around her, dealing damage to nearby enemies and rooting them for a short duration.
- Glacial Path: Lissandra casts a slow-moving, long-range ice claw in a line, dealing damage to all enemies in its path. Re-activating Glacial Path teleports Lissandra to the claw's current location.
- Frozen Tomb (Ultimate):
- On enemy cast: Lissandra freezes an enemy champion, damaging and stunning them briefly. Dark Ice emanates from the target, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
- On self-cast: Lissandra encases herself in ice, rooting herself in place briefly and becoming untargetable and invulnerable. Dark Ice emanates from Lissandra, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
Lissandra's mobility and crowd control skills make her an ideal choice for aggressive, roaming mid play. By shoving the lane with her AoE abilities, the Ice Witch can create the space she needs to make a move on top or bottom lane. The long range blink from Glacial Path lets her get the drop on enemies from unexpected angles by jumping terrain or by circumventing typical ward locations. Once the ambush has been sprung, Lissandra's potent combination of slows, roots and stuns allows her to stick to an opponent and close out the kill.
Lissandra's passive allows her to be much less dependent on blue buff compared to many of her AP counterparts, making her an excellent, self-sufficient choice for top lane. Despite her low base durability, the long range blink on Glacial Path helps Lissandra stay safe by pulling off daring escapes. If she's caught in a gank, Lissandra can freeze her would-be killers in place with Ring of Frost before disappearing over terrain with a well-placed Glacial Path.
The area of effect damage on Ice Shard also allows Lissandra to guard turrets even when pressured, or press the lane in an attempt to lure enemy junglers into a counter-gank. When an opponent takes the bait, Lissandra can cast Frozen Tomb on herself, ensuring her own survival as she uses her other abilities to set up kills.
Lissandra isn't the type of mage who immediately blows up high-value targets, but instead has the potential to lay down impressive amounts of damage and crowd control on grouped up opponents. The AoE aspect to Ice Shard keeps enemies pinned down through repeated area damage and slow effects while she waits for the opportune moment to unleash her full combo. Once she sees an opening, Lissandra can use Glacial Path to close in and lock down a high-value target with Frozen Tomb. If the opposing team starts to focus her, Lissandra can instead use Frozen Tomb on herself, juking the initial burst before escaping with Ring of Frost.
If you're looking for a mage who favors crowd control, mobility and kiting over raw burst damage, Lissandra is sure to make a welcome addition to your lineup.