- Jax was designed by Ezreal.
- Jax is voiced by Erik Braa, who also voices and .
- Jax's name may derive from the Greek warrior
- The name may have also derived from , the legendary undefeatable weapons master in book series.
- Jax's background does not reveal where he came from before he joined the League.
- However, on the beta version of leagueoflegends.com his info page states that he is from Ionia.
- Jax's outward appearance resembles the look of the "Garo ", a ninja-like tribe in "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask".
- In Jax's game information page on the beta version of leagueoflegends.com, his background image is an altered version of his classic artwork - altered to include a horned, shadowy figure. The shadow resembles , although with enough differences that it could be another of the five darkin. Riot has never spoken publically about this change or what it entails.
- Most of Jax's special weapons are in a skin. The Lamppost (Original), Fishing rod (Angler Jax) and Cardboard tube (PAX Jax), are all in skins. This leaves the spatula and chicken foot as unused.
- [ |
- Vandal Jax does not appear to be related to the gang that has surfaced among the other champions with the vandal skins such as
, , and . This is further supported by its release date, which preceded the other Vandal skins by a significant amount.
- Vandal Jax may be a reference to Paragon Ash from PlayStation video game "Vandal Hearts" as the colour matches almost perfectly. An image of Paragon Ash can be seen here.
- [ |
- Jaximus is a reference to the
, a gladiator class from the Roman Imperial Age.
- It might also be a reference to Maximus, the protagonist of the movie 'Gladiator', although Maximus wields a sword, rather than a polearm.
- This skin features a memorial tribute to Joe, a Ewings Sarcoma patient who visited Riot thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation. Joe passed away on June 5, 2012 . The movement quote for the Jaximus skin, Joe's favorite, was changed to "Here's to you, kid!" in his memory.
- [ |
- PAX Jax is a reference to the Cardboard Tube Samurai from the web comic (which hosts the Penny Arcade Expo - PAX). A symbol on the skin resembles and matches symbols on the Samurai's gi and the shirt of Penny Arcade protagonist Gabe.
- He shares this theme with and .
- [ |
- The Mighty Jax is a reference to 90's Disney Film .
- [ |
- The weapon is "Fangtian Huaji (方天畫戟, dagger-axe halberd)", a Chinese white arm believed to be used by Lü Bu of the Three Kingdoms era. Warring Kingdoms Jarvan is another skin using the same weapon.
- Jax is ' drinking buddy.
- Jax was placed into the League by High Councilor Reginald Ashram, the former leader of the League. Ashram went missing shortly before Jax's arrival.
- In the beta website, Jax is listed as an Ionian champion.
- is also listed as his rival.