- Ezreal is voiced by
, Who also voices and .
- Pulsefire Ezreal's AI, PEARL, is voiced by Christine Brynn Khalil.
- Ezreal was both named after and designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam, one of Riot's game designers.
- Ezreal was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. However, he was not one of the selected champions.
- Ezreal is the first champion to have a Champion Spotlight on Riot's YouTube channel. Though it is unlisted, it can be viewed here
- Ezreal's /dance is a direct homage to Hare Hare Yukai dance from the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Hallam states this "was all Shurelia's idea". A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- Ezreal was the first 6300 IP Champion released after the official launch of the game in October 2009.
- Ezreal found the on one of his archeological expeditions to Kumungu.
- Ezreal is the third champion to feature 2 champion spotlights due to significant changes to his kit. The others being , and .
- Ezreal looks somewhat like the Vocaloid , just like how appears similar to .
- Trueshot Barrage used to heal allied champions as it passed through them and also increase movement speed but decrease upon hit to opponent champions which decayed after 5 seconds.
- Ezreal's quotes "You belong in a museum!" and "Noxians... I hate those guys..." are both references to similar lines from the franchise.
- Ezreal's quote "It's all skill" is most likely a reference to three of his abilities being skillshots.
- When Ezreal does his /taunt, he motions flipping a coin and shooting at it. This action requires great accuracy and is often seen in films.
- On the test realm, Ezreal's /joke was "My age exceeds your IQ... significantly." and the taunt - "Just the thought of killing you is likely to cause it." These were changed on live release.
- Pulsefire Ezreal's taunt is a reference to the "Over 9000" meme derived from an episode of the anime . A side-by-side comparison can be seen here..
- Coincidentally, Ezreal's voice actor, Kyle Hebert, also voiced the narrator, and a number of others in .
- Pulsefire Ezreal's quote "Grim dark future, eh" is a reference to universe's tagline "In the grim darkness of a far future, there is only war".
- Pulsefire Ezreal's quote upon recall "Leaving the grid" is a reference to the franchise.
- [ |
- This skin is a reference to , an archer of legendary skill, famous in English folklore.
- [ |
- Along with the soccer skins for other champions, appeared just before the 2010 World Cup started, and were removed from the store on October 31st, 2010.
- [ |
- This skin was based on a creation of Clockmort named "Nightwalker Ezreal".
- Hi also bares resemblances to Jack Frost from the movie.
- [ |
- This skin could be a reference to the web browser Chrome Rammus, Safari Caitlyn, and Foxfire Ahri . He seems to be part of a set of skins that have a browser reference, including
- [ |
- The skin is called "Méga Ezreal" in the French version. It is a reference to the main character from the Megaman/Rockman games. This skin's release was delayed because, according to Riot, it "wasn't quite what they wanted". Even before this decision, the skin was used in the MLG. The skin is still in the game files under the name "CyberEzreal" in SIU.
- Its taunt, asking about power levels, is a reference to .
- It is the first skin to include two personalities in its voice-overs: Ezreal and his suit's AI, PEARL.
- It is the first skin to change its appearance depending on the champion's level. Ezreal's armor upgrades when he ranked Trueshot Barrage (minimum levels 6, 11, and 16).
- It is the first skin priced at 3250. It was discounted by 50% for the first four days after release to a price of 1625.
- Due to the long production time and anticipated release of the skin, Riot has posted a short Developer Diary on the forums, chronicling some of Pulsefire Ezreal's development.
- His recall animation resembles the pose seen theatrical release poster of the 1982 film .
- The Preview videos released as the skin's teaser are unlisted but can be seen here.
- [ |
- This skin is related to "Taipei Assassins", who have won the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship finals.
- TPA Ezreal skin shares a similar hairstyle (including hair color and headset) of Neku Sakuraba, a main character of The World Ends With You game.
- [ |
- and can be seen in the Splash Art.
- He shares this theme with and .
- It is possible that the glass of Demacia mentioned in diary was stolen by .
- Ezreal is friends with , and .
- In An Ancient Mystery In Runeterra it was revealed that and occasionally play cards, though rarely wins.
- doesn't like Noxians.
|Music from the Pulsefile Trailer|
|Pulsefire Ezreal's Theme|
- ↑ @Ezreal
- ↑ The Journal of Justice: Volume 1, Issue 01
- ↑ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grimdark
- ↑ http://gyazo.com/460d6ce6c52893e71cf38d6dc3a5a75e
- ↑ http://gyazo.com/9ef6c1ecd06adac6a32aa0b70e355217
- ↑ http://gyazo.com/f11cc1d3ef89733d122bc6a3d29cf393
- ↑ http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=25291484#post25291484
- ↑ PFE's visual upgrades
- ↑ Pulsefire Armory
- ↑ Uncle Lyte
- ↑ Stolen image of Lux and Ezreal
- ↑ http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/ezreal/