Yasuo's a sustained damage fighter with high mobility, strong utility and damage output that ramps up the longer he survives in combat. The tradeoff here comes in the form of low damage during Yasuo's early game.
Mid lane Править
Yasuo's early game fragility makes him a champion best suited for the shortest lane on Summoner's Rift: mid. He farms safest here, concentrating on building up his experience and gold as he itemizes his way to domination. But even though Yasuo is at his weakest in the early game, his strength and mobility still has the potential to surprise his enemies. Yasuo can use Steel Tempest to last-hit from a relatively safe distance, and if he needs to secure backline minion gold, quick consecutive casts of Sweeping Blade send him dashing to and from, with Way of the Wanderer's shield absorbing some of the inevitable incoming damage. Yasuo can use Sweeping Blade as a handy escape during gank attempts, too: if he's caught between the enemy melee and caster minions, using the ability to dash back towards his own turret should help dissuade all but the most stubborn of junglers from pursuing.
And when the winds change direction, careful timing turns Yasuo into a deadly accomplice in friendly gank attempts. Stacking Steel Tempest properly and using Gathering Storm to toss his enemy skywards means initiation from the jungle is a relatively simple matter, and once the enemy's caught, Yasuo uses Sweeping Blade to dash in and get to work. Way of the Wanderer's critical strike boost help Yasuo's attacks sting, while if he's unlocked Last Breath, the additional damage and crowd control makes kills all the more likely.
A melee monster with damage that increases the longer teamfights last, Yasuo's first priority is to stack Gathering Storm while weathering the enemy team's initial onslaught. This is where Wind Wall comes into its own. Carefully positioning the wall between the enemy front and back lines allows Yasuo to engage on the less threatening tanks and bruisers, generating Gathering Storm stacks with liberal use of Steel Tempest. Once the third cast is ready, Yasuo repeatedly uses Sweeping Blade to rush through the entire enemy line and position himself beside or behind the enemy squishies. A final Steel Tempest casts them skyward, opening up Last Breath, a lethal ability for anyone caught in the whirlwind. Enemies that manage to juke away from Yasuo's whirlwind aren't necessarily safe from Last Breath: any knock-up abilities can be chained with Yasuo's ult, making him hugely synergistic with champions like Cho'Gath, Malphite and Zyra. Once he's landed, Yasuo's huge bonus armor penetration buff, combined with the critical strike bonus from Way of the Wanderer, makes short work of even the tankiest of tanks.
Skill usage Править
- Way of the Wanderer granting him early game protection and immense late game power, mobility from Sweeping Blade, the potential of his notorious Wind Wall, and the teamfight potential of his Last Breath. However, he is fairly item dependent for damage and is not very durable as his kit emphasizes avoiding damage entirely rather than taking it. strength as a fighter and assassin lies in his unique kit of power and utility, with his
- Intent doubles your total Critical Strike chance, giving an advantage during the late game.
- Resolve shields from incoming attacks for a short time, but only when his Flow bar is filled. Use this to your advantage when trading during the early game as most (if not all) of the damage you take will be nullified.
- Since Steel Tempest has no cost and has very short cooldown, it s a great tool for harassing and last hitting in lane.
- Sweeping Blade is best used when there are nearby minions, for the following reasons:
- It deals more damage for each successive target.
- It allows for quick juking, closing or escaping.
- It can quickly charge Resolve.
- Sweeping Blade adds 6.78% to Resolve with its base movement. This means that it will charge the full bar with 15 dashes.
- Combining the above, a good combo could be to walk towards a ranged target, let Resolve take the first hit, then dash though the minions to rebuild your Flow and close the gap.
- Wind Wall blocks all projectiles that hit it, not necessarily only from the direction that you cast it. Circling around the wall while against a ranged champion is a great way to block all of their damage.
- Last Breath can only be used when an enemy champion is airborne. However, the knock-up isn't limited to third Steel Tempest cast allies abilities can be used as well.
- The full list of skills that allow Last Breath is in the skills description on the champions main page. to use
- The blink has a long range, you can make use of it as a gap closer.
- There is actually a short amount of time that Last Breath after the airborne target has landed. All enemies hit will be knocked-up for another 1.5 seconds. Keep in mind that this is an extremely short amount of time, perhaps .1 seconds or less and is not very reliable is able to use
- Last Breath. Your Flow shield, however, fully regenerates upon cast, allowing you to survive some burst that comes your way. is still targetable, and can be killed while using
- Last Breath applies the damage as smashes his enemies to the ground. If he is killed before the ability is finished, no damage will be applied.
- Remember that some abilities such as Aqua Prison can be used to initiate Last Breath even though it's not normally considered a knock-up. Make sure you know all of your ally champion's abilities that you can initiate Last Breath with to give you more opportunities and potentially surprise opponents.
Build usage Править
- is usually played as a solo laner, mid or top. Alternatively, he can be the AD carry bot lane or the jungler, but neither is recommended due to the difficulties. As a damage source for his team, can quickly become lethal by purchasing crit chance, attack damage and attack speed.
- Because Way of the Wanderer will double his crit chance and his Steel Tempest may crit, every item that provides crit becomes more gold efficient in his hands than any other item in the game.
- has major synergy with Steel Tempest (Q) by providing crit chance, attack speed and the lightning passive. The crit chance is doubled to 40% through Inent and the Steel Tempest can crit. The attack speed reduces the its cooldown and Shiv charges itself on-hit. Finally, when the Shiv is fully charged, Steel Tempest can also activate the lightning proc.
- is usually rushed in many games. Every aspect of it fits perfectly and is highly recommended. Once a player learns the range of his Steel Tempest, Statikk Shiv makes an extremely hard champion to lane against due to his extreme harassment abilities with .
- Steel Tempest reaches maximum cooldown reduction upon reaching 60% bonus attack speed. With just a and , the ability caps down to a 1.33 second cooldown. Therefore, some players prefer getting other boots instead, such as , , or Mercury Treads and get the rest of their attack speed from .
- While easy to proc, it cannot crit, the mana is wasted, and the AP is nearly useless. Thus it, and , are generally not recommend, in favor of higher Crit, AD, or AS items. has many low cooldown abilities, making
- Cooldown Reduction is generally less valuable stat on Steel Tempest is reduced by attack speed and Sweeping Blade mark cannot be reduced. However, it can still be useful since Wind Wall and Last Breath have no cost but fair cooldowns.
- Reducing the cooldown of Last Breath can be quite powerful if your teammates can regularly launch people airborne.
- Since , , or , would be very good to have.
does a lot of auto-attack damage (including his Q), life steal from
- has only 5 more AD than but gives a more worth of lifesteal making it an excellent item for dueling as well as allowing you to build a shield on top of your Resolve one.
- is slightly less offensive, but allow for very quick wave clearing, and a stronger burst with its active. Note that the splash damage does not crit.
- will do the least damage out of the 3 (unless you have 4000+ HP targets), but has a good active ability that can be useful for chasing or escaping.
- Due to him being susceptible to crowd control, either (more defensive) or (more of a glass cannon) are recommended.
- Due to potentially high physical damage, armor penetration from a and/or would be a very good idea.
- is potentially exploitable by because his Q costs nothing, does not require a target, and has a cooldown lower than the stack expiration. This allows to keep 8 stacks perpetually. However, he does not make very good use of the AP.
- can greatly reduce vulnerability to being burst down and allow time to engage.
Recommended builds Править
- Since he relies heavily on critical attacks, Reinforced Armor Reinforced Armor is an ideal mastery to take.
- Wind Wall can be potentially devastating to Mages and Marksmen alike. Champions that can quickly reposition themselves through or around the wall (such as , , , etc) can largely nullify it.
- Be very careful about using global projectile ultimates such as Enchanted Crystal Arrow and Super Mega Death Rocket! when is in the vicinity. Only use them when you know Wind Wall is on cooldown or isn't near the target. This also goes for initiation abilities such as Rocket Grab, Zap!, or Death Sentence.
- Steel Tempest has a narrow hitbox, but the whirlwind has deceptively long range. Dodge to the side to avoid the knockup.
- Way of the Wanderer can generate a very strong shield as levels up, but it lasts for a very brief duration. Treat it like a and pop it with one of your lesser abilities before fully engaging on .
- Last Breath only works against bonus armor; building health instead can mitigate the effect of his ultimate.
- Like any Marksman or ADC, focusing Sweeping Blade can also be interrupted with hard CC. If your aim is good, don't be afraid to launch your CC at him while he's dashing. This is especially true because can't use Wind Wall mid-dash. with hard CC can make him very easy to kill. His
- While a capable fighter on his own, kit makes him one of the most team composition-reliant champions in the League. Take note of his allies to gauge just how much of a threat will be.
- As a melee ADC with an ability that scales based on Attack Speed ( Steel Tempest) as the center of his kit, items like and can have a big impact on damage output.