- Cassiopeia was designed by Brackhar .
- Brackhar's goal was to create a character in the same flavor as , but to make a fast sustained damage character as opposed to a slow, bursty one.
- Cassiopeia is voiced by , Who also voices , , , and .
- Cassiopeia was the last champion released in 2010.
- Cassiopeia is the third champion to have an Art Spotlight. She features a unique Spotlight, showing the animation process of her taunt.
- Cassiopeia generally has an "Ancient Greece" theme, as indicated with her name and appearance in three of her skins (Classic, Siren and Mythic).
- Her Classic skin could also reference an Egyptian theme.
- Cassiopeia is the third champion, after and , to take part in an interview.
- Cassiopeia and are one of the five pairs of sibling champions. (The other siblings champions include and , and , and , and )
- Katarina's quote about Cassiopeia is a direct reference to Lady Macbeth's description of how Macbeth should be: "...look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under't" (I.v.65-66).
- is a constellation in the northern sky, listed by the 2nd century Greek astronomer .
- The symbolic meaning of the constellation Cassiopeia is "Seated Queen", further referenced by her previous classic splash arts.
- Her ability Miasma may refer to Greek mythology, where is a contagious power that has an independent life of its own. Until purged by the sacrificial death of the wrongdoer, society would be chronically infected by catastrophe.
- Cassiopeia was the first champion to have a difficulty rating of 100, and is currently one of six champions to do so, the others being
, , , and .
- Of the six on this list, Cassiopeia is one of two that's original rating was 100, the other being .
- Cassiopeia is the only champion with 100 difficulty that only has one attribute.
- Cassiopeia is heavily based on
, a from Greek mythology.
- They both were beauties before they got turned into monsters.
- They both have relations with snakes. Cassiopeia being half-snake half-human and Medusa having snake hair.
- Cassiopeia's ultimate, Petrifying Gaze, turns enemy champions into stone, similar to how Medusa's glance turned her enemies into stone.
- Cassiopeia bears resemblance to a combination of a naga, dracaenae, or snake woman, and Medusa.
- Cassiopeia may be a reference to Queen Cassiopeia from Greek mythology who boasted of her great beauty. Poseidon punished her by demanding her daughter Andromeda be sacrificed to the Kraken. Perseus, having just slain the Gorgon Medusa, slew the sea monster and saved the princess.
- Cassiopeia might also be a reference to , the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. Cleopatra VII was a temptress who seduced various powerful men like Julius Caesar. She killed herself using a bite from an asp.
- There's an interesting link between Cassiopeia and summer version of Summoner's Rift - whenever Cassiopeia is present on it, the snakes (normally randomly appearing doodad-creatures in the bushes) don't appear on the map. It also means that Cassiopeia is the first champion to actually affect the appearance of a map during the whole match.
- Upon death, Cassiopeia can be seen turning to stone, much like .
- Cassiopeia's dance is the Belly Dance.
- Cassiopeia is the first Champion to utilize the effects of other champions' abilities. Toxic Shot and Noxious Trap, and Poison Trail can be used to shorten Twin Fang cooldown.
- If Cassiopeia's portrait would appear, as by an assist or kill, and she is dead, her old portrait will appear.
- If you search the item shop for 'hat' while playing Cassiopeia, you will find .
- Cassiopeia's quotes, "Violence is so messy" and "Keep your enemies close and me closer" are references to Katarina's quotes, "Violence solves everything!" and "Keep your friends close and enemies guessing" respectively.
- Cassiopeia's old picking speech refer to same words of Lady Deathstrike in "X-Men The Animated Series", when Wolverine asks what has she done to herself and she replied the same words as Cassiopeia.
- Cassiopeia's old joke, "Let me help shuffle off your mortal coil." is a reference to , from the titular character's famous "To be, or not to be" monologue.
- Cassiopeia's old alternate taunt "You think I'm a freak; let me get on your level" is a tribute to rioter Phreak's line "Get on my level.".
- [ |
- It is a reference to the mythological creatures of Ancient Greece called , seductresses that enchanted men into the sea to drown.
- In Perseus Pantheon's skin, Cassiopeia's head is depicted on his shield, most likely referencing their shared Greek relations. From the pose, Pantheon is reflecting Petrifying Gaze , mirroring the Perseus vs Medusa fight of Greek mythology.
- [ |
- It is a commemorative skin created to celebrate the launch of League of Legend's Greek servers.
- The skin, along with is given for free to all players on the Greek server.
- [ |
- It is released as part of the Lunar revel event in 2013, coincidentally matching the year of in .
- She wears ornate finger jewelery to support and protect long fingernails. These fingernail protectors were popular among Manchurian courtiers during China's and were worn by the .
- She has a similar recall with Order of the Lotus Karma, a .
- She shares this theme with .
- Cassiopeia is Katarina's younger sister, as well as the youngest member of the Du Couteau family.