Braum is a strong and resilient melee support capable of making game-changing plays while saving his team from a barrage of enemy attacks. He forms symbiotic bonds with the marksman he fights alongside, forming a wall between the two teams and leaping to the aid of his allies as he transitions into a late game tank.
Bot lane Править
In lane, Braum functions most effectively as a reactionary or opportunistic support, constantly on the lookout for chances to apply Concussive Blows to the enemy duo. Accurate use of Winter’s Bite triggers the mark on targets who’ve wandered from their minion wave, while Braum can tag aggressive enemies with basic attacks before leaping back to the ranged safety of his marksman with Stand Behind Me. After applying Concussive Blows, Braum and his marksman have two solid options: either follow up hard and try to activate the stun, or zone the enemy and take up aggressive positioning. Concussive Blows is powerful enough to win almost any trade, while the threat of triggering the stun acts as a powerful deterrent, forcing the enemy marksmen away from valuable minion gold. Braum’s also a powerful asset during friendly ganks: by dashing to his jungler with Stand Behind Me, Braum’s able to get into the heart of the enemy duo. After they’ve been tagged with Concussive Blows, the jungler’s extra attacks accelerate the stun and help secure kills.
But while Braum is undeniably useful on the offense, he’s an absolute colossus when defending. The additional defenses provided by Stand Behind Me help both Braum and his marksman survive otherwise lethal damage, while Unbreakable has the potential to completely shield his ally from all incoming damage when positioned correctly. When activated, Unbreakable protects all of Braum’s allies behind the shield from basic attacks and targeted and pass-through abilities like Varus’ Piercing Arrow, Taric’s Dazzle, and Caitlyn’s Piltover Peacemaker, but not placed abilities like Nidalee’s Bushwhack or Swain’s Nevermove. More importantly, Braum can move while using Unbreakable, meaning he can reposition with his ally as they head towards the safety of their tower, or as the enemy team moves to flank around the shield. Braum is also able to continue attacking and casting abilities while he shields with Unbreakable - landing the slow from Winter’s Bite while moving back deters enemy junglers and marksmen still further. Braum gains solid initiation or follow-up potential once he hits level six and unlocks Glacial Fissure, offering friendly junglers easy ganking targets with its huge knock-up and slow. If Braum’s looking to cut off his target’s escape route, he can quickly reposition with Stand Behind Me before firing Glacial Fissure behind his target. The ability’s slow field is large and powerful enough to force flashes and secure kills. Finally, Glacial Fissure is equally powerful as a disengage tool, nullifying chases when aimed correctly.
The more allies around Braum, the more his shield shines. In small-scale skirmishes, he darts in front of his allies with Stand Behind Me before using Unbreakable to block pick attempts and soak up the subsequent damage. Should his team be outnumbered, Glacial Fissure is again a strong disengage ability, particularly in the jungle’s narrow pathways. Alternatively, when Braum’s part of the more powerful skirmishing group, a well-aimed Winter’s Bite slows and applies Concussive Blows, all but guaranteeing a kill.
While other supports operate best within their team or deep in the enemy ranks, Braum functions best as a physical wall between the two teams, soaking up damage with Unbreakable while his team’s damage dealers get to work. The low cooldown on Winter’s Bite helps Braum slow both approaching and fleeing enemies while setting up Concussive Blows for his team. His passive is strongest here – by floating between the two teams, Braum’s able to use basic attacks on the enemy tanks and fighters as he hits the enemy backline with Winter’s Bite, potentially setting up stuns against the entire enemy team. Meanwhile, Stand Behind Me gives Braum the sudden celerity he needs to dart to his teammates and protect them from harm with Unbreakable, which has the potential to turn around even the most lamentable of teamfights, or protect his squishies when they’re being attacked. Finally, unleashing Glacial Fissure through the enemy team splits and (literally) slows their hopes of a coordinated assault, giving Braum and his allies the opportunity to move in and clean up.
|Works well with:||Struggles against:|
Deadly Bloom, Rampant Growth and Stranglethorns can be cast behind Braum, Zyra can make it difficult for Braum to cast Unbreakable efficiently - either exposing the front or behind. Grasping Roots also snares , preventing him from protecting his marksman with Stand Behind Me.sports a kit that can easily bypass defenses with a little consideration. As
Lucian and Braum are one of the most terrifying duo lanes. Since Concussive Blows activates on auto-attacks, Lucian can simply use a skill then utilizing Lightslinger to easily apply Concussive Blows twice, stunning the enemy in a matter of seconds. Braum can also protect Lucian while The Culling is being channeled, the time when Lucian is at his greatest vulnerability.
With her unrivalled range, Concussive Blows. With clever timing,is best at capitalizing on
Skill Usage Править
- abilities work best with allies, and as such, he should often be in a duo lane.
- If solo laning, Stand Behind Me can be used to pounce on unsuspecting opponents. From then on, if there is no clear threat, using autoattacks and Winter's Bite, applying Concussive Blows is a great way to set up ganks for your jungler. (Keep in mind that this tactic requires a nearby friendly target to initiate.)
- With heavy resistance and the ability to intercept attacks,
pairs well with allies who can heal or shield him, multiplying the effective HP.
- can be a particularly good ally for , as her black shield will negate CC as well as damage.
- Unbreakable can not only be used to protect your ally, but also to protect minions, denying enemies gold.
- Likewise, allied minions can be used to close with (or escape) the enemy, by jumping to them with Stand Behind Me.
- Stand Behind Me, shielding them from counter CC with Unbreakable, keep the enemy targets in range with Winter's Bite, and stun with Concussive Blows. makes a very good dive partner for people who jump in, such as or . He can follow in with
- Winter's Bite (1 stack), which slows them down long enough for the jungler to close and auto-attack (2 stacks). can then jump to the jungler and auto-attack (3 stacks). Followed by 1 auto-attack from the Marksman (4 stacks). lands
- The decision of skill maxing should be primarily affected by the player's playstyle. Winter's Bite should be maxed first if you want ranged harass and frequent slows, Stand Behind Me should be maxed if you want to roam more and need more resistance on your allies and Unbreakable is maxed first if you want to deny minion kills or prepare for ganks if your lane get ganked frequently (to block spell projectiles).
- Keep in mind that the slow of Winter's Bite is the same through all levels, so one may mainly level it for more frequent use as a maxed Winter's Bite with 40% CDR is up every 3.6 seconds and thus fast enough to reapply stacks of Concussive Blows.
- Remember that Unbreakable is on a fairly high cooldown on lower ranks, and is not the strongest support ability for a poke playstyle; although the safety of his poke is unparalleled.
- Due to his passive Concussive Blows and Winter's Bite ability (overall CC power), a ganking/jungling is a possible option if a late game tank jungler is required.
- His jungling speed is not terribly slow, only needing Winter's Bite to effectively clear camps.
- Using Unbreakable on ranged monsters mitigates some damage for the duration.
- Leashing with an applied stack of Concussive Blows is an effective aid to your jungler (or you) - remember the stun effect also deals magic damage.
- Glacial Fissure is not a bad ability for damage application, and can be used to catch up to opponents or finish off targets.
- Glacial Fissure is most effective in teamfights - giving your team's assassin an easier time to assassinate enemy's marksman or mage.
Build Usage Править
- Health, Magic Resist, Armor, with some Cooldown Reduction (where he is most effective). does not do large amounts of damage, and does not scale well with the usual offensive items. He can also take more than his fair share of attacks. As such he should primarily be building
- mana cost are low, so he generally does not need much, if any, mana or mana regeneration.
- Since and can be a good choices, as can make great use of their passives, and Stand Behind Me scales on their armor. can intercept auto-attacks
- are one of the few good ways for to get Tenacity.
- is often a good defensive item, however it can be rather tricky to use well with Unbreakable, since both of them will "pop" with the same attack. Ideally, one would wait for the spell shield to activate, before using Unbreakable.
- Cooldown Reduction allows to keep his shield up more often, intercepting and reducing more damage for his team. Fortunately, there are many items that give both defense and cooldown reduction.
- is a viable armor option since all of its statistics are effective with - (high Cooldown Reduction, Mana, enemy AS reduction, and very high armor).
- is one of the few offensive items that synergizes well with by removing magic resist before the passive stun triggers, and allowing for more of the passive's post-stun on-hit damage, without compromising his own defenses.
- still has only a few ways to get close to a target however.
- While it also allows him to stun slightly sooner, he will not stun more often due to the passive's cooldown.
- This still however allows Concussive Blows having an after stun effect where he deals bonus magic damage per auto-attack. subsequent auto-attacks to deal more damage due to
- Unlike magic penetration, this will increase damage from any allies triggering Concussive Blows.
- is another offensive item that synergizes with .
- Winter's Bite, and Glacial Fissure both will proc the stronger version of the burn.
- The Health and Ability Power bonuses that provides also allows Winter's Bite and Glacial Fissure to deal more damage.
- All of offensive abilities deal only magic damage, therefore, he benefits greatly from magic penetration
- is a powerful offensive item, increasing damage output and Concussive Blows stacking speed.
- The item overall synergies with his offensive playstyle - assisting with the application of Concussive Blows to proc the stun faster and easier.
- Cooldown reduction is an invaluable asset to any support, and this item provides a considerable amount.
- Keep in mind there is a cap of 40%, and many builds already reach this critical number without Nashor's.
- A roaming
can greatly benefit from a Tenacity + Slow Reduction + Furor build.
- Winter's Bite when wearing boots with the enhancement. can kite better with
- with and Tenacity items like or (probably better yet) allow him to move about the map extremely quickly. This also allows to escape some CCs faster, a great benefit considering Braum's habit of intercepting CC for his team.
- This allows chasing and escaping capabilities to be much more effective.
- The enhancment also allows Braum to stick to enemies with his auto-attacks easier, helping with the stacking of Concussive Blows.
Recommended builds Править
- Unbreakable makes him very difficult to damage, but it only protects him from one side. Walking around it will allow you to do normal damage.
- Mobile assassins like Unbreakable and getting to the squishier targets. or are good for jumping past
- The shield does not actually protect from Crowd Control displacement effects like knock-ups, stuns or knock-backs.
- Righteous Fury is not blockable, and she has (%) percentage shred. She also kites very well with her slow and movement speed boost abilities, and can heal back most of Braum's damage. is an effective counter pick as her
- Winter's Bite is his only ranged attack (besides his skillshot ultimate) and it is a skillshot, making him fairly easy to kite, especially behind minions/monsters/champions where this ability will not be able to affect you.
- If and ) and health % damage items ( , ) are effective items against tanks like him. stacks defenses, which is likely to happen, armor penetration (